News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[BUG?] Map specific

Started by ZaRR, September 29, 2024, 11:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZaRR

Played online on solarflare public server and got confused in this place. The book is on the top on a table but seems impossible to reach it. Or I haven't play enough this game?

ImpassIve

Welcome, ZaRR!

"Tome of Gnomes" books are always rather tricky to obtain. Many times we had to call a ceasefire and cooperate in order to get it.
This specific room seems to be pretty straightforward: you need to reach and hit the lever in the center of the room (it is supposed to close the hole in front of the book), while avoiding flying daggers which are being shot from the north as you approach it.
You should probably try to find an invul/regen/super potion or scroll in order to neglect damage from the daggers.
Otherwise, I would try to reach it from the southeastern part of the room, as the raised grate has a chance to block some of the daggers.
Both methods might require multiple attempts to succeed (quite a lot, if you are unlucky)

ZaRR

Thank you, ImpassIve!
Indeed we rushed into playing without thinking about the lever. I thought it only operates with portcullises.
Should've read the manual entirely. It has useful info about parrying, using daggers and etc. I finished tutorial only from second run. The game is excellent!